Saturday, February 5, 2011

Red Carpet Review

I'm not quite sure what's going on with all the pale pinks and flesh tones that have been popping up on stars at awards ceremonies, but I thought I'd pick out some of my favorite looks from the past month.

The People's Choice Awards are much more casual than most ceremonies - a bit of a nice change from the glitz and perfection of the bigger awards shows in Hollywood.
My picks:
Mila Kunis got rave reviews for her Alexander McQueen dress at the SAG Awards, but I like this look on her more. Cute, fresh, professional, and understated.

Kristen Stewart gets extra points for the way she pulled this off. The shoes, hair, and makeup made it work (oh, and the legs). Plus, I think she might have genuinely smiled for once.

The Golden Globes:
I liked the green of this dress, plus the intricate pin tucks. I think I would have added a necklace though, just something small and delicate, or traded the earrings for a showier sparkle around her neck.

I'll make an exception in the flesh-tone-hating for Carrie Underwood - she dressed with her skin tone and got a very elegant look.

And what's an awards ceremony without Angelina on the red carpet? What I liked most about this dress was the cut. It's very much old-Hollywood, and I'd love to see it in other colors.

The SAG Awards:
This was such an interesting dress - in bright lights it's vaguely metallic and neutral, but with less light it appears very silver. The cut and drape look lovely on her, though.

Two more instances of dressing with their skin tones. I think both of their hair colors help accentuate the looks as well. And it never hurts to show a little leg, either.

I'm looking forward to the Oscars!
Until then,
Red

No comments:

Post a Comment